Freitag, 30. Januar 2015

Save cbyx

I need to write this down. Right now , even if it gets quite a bit personal .
I've always wondered who I am. 
I've always please people, did what they expected me to do.
I always starved for perfection and for beeing someone I'm not. 
But I've never noticed that till I left. 

Now, right now, I'm so happy and at the same time so hurt. 
This year is almost over and it was by far the best year in my life .. Already. 
I can't leave a place where I finally found happiness. I just can't and I don't want to . 

If there is anything I've learned than it is this : 

'Be brave enough to be yourself, because people will love you for who you are not who you pretend or wish to be . Always keep your heart and mind open. Just because you've been hurt once dosent mean that somebody else will hurt you. Go out into this beautiful world and take every chance to make a new memory. The biggest regret is not to have done something ... It's to miss an opportunity which could have turned out to be the most wonderful thing ever.
People who try to hurt you have been mostly hurt before so don't try to fight them, fix them. You don't make friends over night but you'll make friends. 
Never miss the chance to meet someone new even if you already have your friends. Find out who you are by trying new stuff ... Because I did and I've never known myself any better than in this very moment .' 

I'm so in love with my life here and with the person I've  become. 
I'm so emotional right now because I finally realised what's gonna happen in just a couple of weeks. 
All those wonderful people, my best friend (the best friend I've had since years) , my buddy's ... My team mates ... They will be on the other side of the world and I will be back home. Wondering if all of this was just a dream . 

My mom asked me once if I would have know how I would feel, if I would have still went abroad. 
The answer is HELL YES. Yes I probably won't see them for a long time and surely  some I won't see ever again but my exchange year shaped me into the women I am right now : self confident, independent , honest and always positive  with myself and others.

I'm so thankful . 
CBYX is the best thing ever .. It's not just a year abroad. It's your second chance to become a better you. 

If you haven't already done so , please sign in for supporting cbyx since the US Governent tries to short down the financial aid. 

http://savecbyx.org

#savecbyx